How We Protect Your Data
Protecting your privacy and your security
Unique Ibiza Villas (Unique Ibiza Limited) (We, Us, Our) is a UK registered company, registration number 07894858.
From time to time we may need to update this policy. If the change is material, we will let you know by placing a notice on our website.
When you make a booking we will ask you (the lead customer) for the following information:
Date of birth
Mobile contact number
A few weeks before arrival we will ask you for a scanned copy of the passport for ALL people over 16 years staying at the villa. This is a local Police requirement.
At the end of your holiday we have no reason to keep hold of this data and therefore all information is deleted
"Personal Data" is any personal information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. You agree that the Personal Data which you supply to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects, and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to that Data.
We do not hold any "Sensitive Data" (information which relates to an individual's racial or ethnic origin, sexuality, health status, political beliefs, union membership or criminal background. We will not ask you for any sensitive data. We have no reason to be in possession of sensitive data.
We will deal with your Personal Data in compliance with the applicable Data Protection regulations.
We do not share your details with any other third party unless it is relevant to fulfilling your booking request.
How we use your Personal Data
We only collect personal data when you make a booking with us
and provide the data required to fulfil the booking request.
1. when you book we need to communicate details of your booking to you.
2. When you return we ask you for feedback via independent feedback company Feefo. If you do not wish to receive this email please let us know & we will remove you from any such email.
3. Occasionally (approximately 3 times a year) we send you a newsletter with details of new villas, offers or promotions. If you wish to be unsubscribed from these communications, then please let us know by emailing us email@example.com
Or you can unsubscribe from the newsletter when we send it to you.
When you call us, we may monitor or record your calls to confirm your instructions or for training and regulatory purposes. To view or correct your Personal Data, you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Personal Data
Unique Ibiza Villas acts as an agent for Eco Ibiza - we will only share your personal data with Eco Ibiza for the purpose of managing your villa booking. Where additional services are booked such as chef, boat rental, yacht rental, car hire, nanny service, club tickets, transportation, full fridge etc. we only share your data with the relevant third party to fulfil the service request.
In this instance we will always do so in in good faith and only to communicate details regarding your booking
We do not allow the third parties we work with to use or share your data for any purposes other than what has already been agreed and stated above.
Storing, Securing and Retaining Personal Data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We operate a strict information security policy that is updated periodically to reflect current best practice. In addition to this the following approaches are also applied:
- Various measures are applied to protect against accidental loss or unauthorised access to your personal data
- Regular external penetration tests are undertaken to ensure that our external defences remain robust and up to date
- Only authorized staff that need access to personal data to perform their roles are able to do so
- Data is only transferred to business partners using secure mechanisms
- Staff are trained to apply the highest standards of data security.
We will respect all the rights that you have under applicable Data Protection regulations. Where appropriate to do so, we will correct, amend, or delete your personal data.
Specifically, we will honour your following rights:
- The right to access to your personal data
- This is subject to other relevant legal requirements and the provision of suitable identification. We reserve the right to charge a fee in certain circumstances
- The right to correction or deletion
- You have a right to correct or amend your personal data if it is incorrect. Please contact us to update your personal data. You also have a right to deletion, subject to other applicable legal requirements.
- You can choose not to receive marketing material from us.
- You have the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- This privacy notice sets out how we will process your data. It will be updated from time to time or at times of regulatory change
Why are cookies essential to how customers use the Unique Ibiza Villas website?
- Make your current and future visits to our website as user-friendly as possible
- To enable us (where appropriate) to tailor the content to fit your needs
- To prevent fraudulent activity and to measure the overall patterns of website usage
- To track how visitors, reach our site and the path they take through it to help us improve our service to you
Please note that none of the cookies used on our website collects personally identifiable information about you.
Why you should keep cookies switched on
We would like you to keep cookies activated on your device during your visits to our website because, without cookies enabled, we cannot guarantee that the website, and your experience whilst visiting it, will be as good as we intend it to be.
We use two types of cookie on this website:
- Session cookies- These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period during which you access the website. Each time you revisit the website; these cookies will be stored and then removed once you sign out of your account. Session cookies help the Unique Ibiza Villas website remember what you chose on the previous page, therefore avoiding your having to re-enter information. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information and cannot be used to identify you.
- Third-party cookies- As well as using cookies from our advertising and affiliate partners, we may also embed external content from other third-party websites within our website. These include sites such as Facebook and Twitter, whose cookie usage policy you can view on their own websites.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, you can do so by editing your browser settings. The 'Help' function within your browser should tell you how to do so.
- For further information on how to delete cookies on your browser, visit aboutcookies.org
How to contact us
If you require further detail or have any questions about this policy, please contact us by email: email@example.com
Updated 23rd May 2018